Call for Posters
The 3rd MarCoPol Forum will provide policy-makers, policy-influencers, practitioners, regulators, and researchers with the opportunity to discuss approaches and challenges in the implementation of European marine and coastal policies in various member states.
The forum is organized around a broad range of topics on marine and costal policy, and will enable stakeholders to discuss management and conservation issues, as well as potential solutions for coordinated action.
There is no restriction on the geographical scope of contributions to the 3rd MarCoPol Forum. However, contributions that focus on issues relevant to the NE Atlantic, English Channel, North Sea, Irish Sea and Celtic Sea would be particularly welcome
This event builds on the successful Marine and Coastal Policy held in 2011 & 2014 by the University of Plymouth.
The MarCoPol Forum is intended to be a relatively small event focused on high quality discussion. The event will be suited to an audience of policy-makers, policy-influencers, practitioners, regulators, researchers and funders.
Topics of particular interest include:
- Ecosystem based management
- Common Fishery Policy
- Marine spatial planning
- Marine and coastal biodiversity conservation
- Integrated coastal management
- Coastal risk management
- Adaptation to climate change impacts
- Local-level management approaches
- Transboundary marine policy and management
- Marine safety and security
- Blue Growth
- New maritime opportunities: new routes, new regulations, fossil fuels and renewable marine energy
- Climate change impacts on ocean, food production, health, economics and international treaties
July 1st 2015: call for posters opened
September 30th 2015 : Call for posters closed
October 15th 2015 : Final notification to authors
A poster gallery will be available throughout the forum. Poster authors should be available during coffee breaks and evening cocktail to discuss the content of their posters. Posters should be A0 in size.