2019 IMBeR Open Science Conference
Ocean sustainability for the benefit of society : Understanding, challenges and solutions
Future Oceans2 was the second IMBeR Open Science Conference and provided an opportunity to join world leading researchers to present advances in science from all disciplines that contribute towards –
ocean sustainability for the benefit of society: understanding, challenges, and solutions
In addition to delivering an update of the pertinent science, Future Oceans2 fostered productive inter-and trans-disciplinary discussions and provided a forum to strategically map future research directions. Within this context, Future Oceans2 was based around three interlinked themes –
- Theme 1. Understanding and quantifying the state and variability of marine ecosystems;
- Theme 2. Improving scenarios, predictions and projections of future ocean-human systems at multiple scales; and
- Theme 3. Improving and achieving sustainable ocean governance.
Future Oceans2 was an exciting mix of talks (keynote, research, and contributed -up to 10 concurrent sessions each day), posters, workshops, focus groups, world cafés, and other innovative formats to engage delegates. The conference was preceded by two days of workshops.
AMURE was part of the Local Committee.
- Paul Tréguer – IUEM, France
- Marie Bonnin – IRD, France
- Nadia Améziane – MNHN Concarneau, France
- Catherine Boyen – SB Roscoff, France
- Olivier Thébaud – Ifremer, UMR 6308 AMURE, France
- Géraldine Sarthou – LEMAR, France
Carol Robinson (Chair) – UEA, UK / John Claydon – IMBeR IPO, Norway / Eileen Hofmann – ODU, USA / Julie Hall – NIWA, New Zealand / Paul Tréguer – IUEM, France / Maria Grazia Peninno – IEO, Spain / Prateep Nayak – U Waterloo, Canada / Priscila Lopes – UFRN, Brazil
Time: 2019.06.17 – 2019.06.21
Location: Brest, France
Le Quartz Congress Centre